At TT we are incredibly proud to be a part of this vibrant booming city. It's been lauded as one of the most exciting cities in Europe, and rightly so!
Here's what Birmingham has to offer.
1. Business. The midlands is worth an estimated £217 billion to the UK's economy and is forecast to be the fastest growing regional economy outside of London. It also plays host to the headquarters of global businesses such as HSBC, Deutsche Bank and PwC. The West Midlands has one of the strongest automotive industries in the world. There are more than 2,000 specialist automotive firms in the region, employing close to 50,000 people in vehicle manufacturing and just fewer than 160,000 in the wider advanced engineering sector.
2. Three top universities. Boasting 10 Nobel prize winners amongst their Alumni, the University of Birmingham has an outstanding reputation for excellence. (And three of our team here at TT studied their Masters there) One of our clients Aston University has recently won gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework and boasts one of the largest business schools in Europe! The city is also home to Birmingham City University who are investing £260 million into their campus!
3. One of the youngest cities in Europe. Birmingham has a thriving young population with under 25's accounting for nearly 40% of it's population. With a whopping four universities in the city. It's safe to say the city has an incredibly bright future.
4. World-class sport. The Commonwealth Games are coming to Birmingham in 2022. The city has an excellent track record of delivering international sporting events and has held the ICC Champions Trophy and the Ashes at Edgbaston, Rugby world cup fixtures, Diamond league and European indoor championships just to name a few. The city is also host to the World indoor Athletics championship this year. Whilst just down the road is top rugby team Wasps, where we sponsor a player annually. On a side note: we have an exciting announcement about next years sponsorship coming soon!
5. Culture. Approximately 42% of the city is from an ethnic group other than white. Food festivals are common throughout the year. We've been incredibly fortunate here at TT to be able to film inside some of the cities fantastic art galleries, museums, theatres and we can attest that they're all phenomenal facilities. The film industry is booming in the city and Digbeth (often described as Birmingham's very own Shoreditch) is home to a number of thriving businesses just like us!
6. Canals. Did you know? Birmingham has more canals than Venice. Interestingly the TT team were filming in Venice not too long ago!
Here at TT we have recently worked with Seven Capital (one of the UK's largest developers of Off Plan Luxury Real Estae) and were tasked with producing a suite of films that promote Birmingham and the lifestyle that comes with living in the city. Watch the overview film here.
Because of all the reasons above, making Birmingham look incredible was pretty darn easy! We love Birmingham!
“For those already based in this great city there was no doubt as to its status and strengths, but to be recognised by others as the UK’s premier city outside the capital shows that Birmingham really does mean business.”